The lover has to keep the wish of the Beloved. My wish for my lovers is as follows:
- Do not shirk your responsibilities.
- Attend faithfully to your worldly duties, but keep always at the back of your mind that all this is Baba’s.
- When you feel happy, think: “Baba wants me to be happy.” When you suffer, think: “Baba wants me to suffer.”
- Be resigned to every situation and think honestly and sincerely: “Baba has placed me in this situation.”
- With the understanding that Baba is in everyone, try to help and serve others.
- I say with my Divine Authority to each and all that whosoever takes my name at the time of breathing his last comes to me; so do not forget to remember me in your last moments. Unless you start remembering me from now on, it will be difficult to remember me when your end approaches. You should start practising from now on. Even if you take my name only once every day, you will not forget to remember me in your dying moments.
— Meher Baba